Now Hiring: Part-Time Marketing Coordinator
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for marketing and communications efforts to promote Aspire’s community impact and member investor value proposition.
This position plans and drafts written content such as news stories, press releases, and email briefs. The Marketing Coordinator executes social media, video, direct mail, and email marketing for the purposes of community marketing, new business attraction, sales, member services, and stakeholder engagement.
This is an opportunity to tell the compelling story about economic development and business success in a vibrant, growing economy within the Indianapolis MSA, driven by the performance of a dynamic economic development and chamber of commerce organization.
This position requires someone with self-motivation, a genuine compassion for business leadership, and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, driven to achieve, and will always display an exemplary manner of professionalism.
The candidate must have a superb understanding of the mechanics of writing, experience writing business-facing content, and the ability to tailor tone and voice to various audiences and platforms.
About Aspire Economic Development + Chamber Alliance
Aspire drives economic development and business success in Johnson County, Indiana, and southern Indianapolis. As the local economic development organization for Johnson County, Aspire leverages community development opportunities to attract, retain, and expand businesses in the county. As the chamber of commerce, Aspire leads the area’s business community by advancing pro-growth policy and providing comprehensive member services to entrepreneurs, small businesses, and large corporations.
About Johnson County, Indiana
Johnson County, one of Indiana’s fastest-growing counties, is a contiguous suburb of the state’s capital and a key player in the powerful Central Indiana economic corridor. Johnson County’s GDP is $5.2 billion and the unemployment rate is 1.6%.
Johnson County is home to 165,000 residents, primarily living in and around the communities of Greenwood, Franklin, Bargersville, and Whiteland. Another 150,000 people live within five miles north of the County in southern Indy, fueling business growth and success within the Johnson County and Southern Indy area.
Compensation package includes group dental and vision, subject to new hire introductory period.
After reviewing the following job description, send your cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Angela Vandersteen at Careers@AspireJohnsonCounty.com. Please also provide three writing samples (do not include social media posts), preferably articles and business-facing content.
Questions may be directed to Angela at this email or 317.888.4856. No walk-ins, please.
Staff Team Position
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Responsible for developing and executing marketing and communications efforts to promote Aspire’s community impact and member investor value proposition. Oversees the planning, drafting and dissemination of written content such as press releases, news stories, email briefs, social media posts, and print pieces. Executes operational marketing and communications, including social media, video, direct mail, and email marketing for the purposes of community marketing, new business attraction, sales, member services, and stakeholder engagement. Is an engaged member of the staff team, eager for the success of the organization and the local economy.
Responsible to: Vice President of Investor Development and Relations.
Direct Reports: None.
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly).
Primary Office: Hybrid, 30-40% office/meetings/events, 60-70% remote; primary office location is the employee’s primary residence.
Aspire staff team job descriptions are intended to be overviews of primary responsibilities and should be regarded as fluid documents which will evolve as the organization and stakeholders’ needs evolve.
Written Communication – 50%
- Leads meetings with staff team members to develop e-newsletter and press release plans.
- Updates e-newsletter content calendar; demonstrates initiative to meet personal deadlines and communicates with other staff team members to ensure they do the same.
- Drafts written content such as press releases, news stories, email briefs, social media posts, print pieces to:
- promote the community impact of Aspire’s economic strategic plan initiatives
- position the community as desirable to new job growth
- communicate member investor value proposition
- drive event and program attendance
- drive revenue growth from member investments, grants, giving, other non-dues revenue
- Conduct research on and interviews with organizations, people, and topics to create compelling material to educate and engage audiences.
Digital Media – 40%
- Collaborate with senior staff to identify key performance indicators for social media campaigns, measure performance, and make adjustments to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain Aspire social accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other similar community sites, to maintain profiles, settings, security, etc., to optimize presence and brand conveyance.
- Draft and post content to Aspire’s social media channels (e.g., LinkedIn Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) to inform and engage stakeholders in calls to action, propagate Aspire key messaging and policy positions, and raise organizational brand awareness.
- Produce videos with, of, and from member investors (some in which you will be seen and heard) and/or capture photos using personal mobile device; edit and post content to social media.
- Using Constant Contact, assemble and distribute recurring email communications including weekly e-newsletters, member-sponsored email blasts, and others.
Other – 10%
- Collaborate with graphic designer, printers, and other partners to direct design work, meet deadlines, and ensure brand management.
- Collaborate with senior staff team members to develop and implement media relations which includes but is not limited to providing research material and background information to reporters; requesting and attending meetings with members of the media; facilitating meetings for the media with other Aspire staff and stakeholders.
- In all projects, seek to enhance name recognition, public perception, and engagement through quality designs, consistent branding, and engaging content.
- Attend Aspire programs and other activities designed to foster strong relations and engagement.
- Guarantees customer satisfaction by anticipating problems and handling stakeholder expectations in a professional manner; ensures satisfaction and loyalty by anticipating and addressing needs and desires; providing flexible customer service.
- All staff team members actively share information about all organizational events and services, including community and economic strategic plan initiatives, and public policy updates; and all staff team members support business expansion, attraction, and retention through internal information sharing and referrals.
Required Position Skills and Demonstrated Abilities
The following qualifications are guidelines. To attract candidates with lived experience and/or those who represent marginalized communities, applications will be considered as a whole. Other combinations of education and experience might provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
- Superb understanding of the mechanics of writing; an expert editor with experience writing business-facing newsletter and social media copy.
- Ability to tailor tone and voice within copywriting depending on the given audience, social media platform, or other mode of engagement
- Experience understanding and synthesizing reading materials on unfamiliar topics to identify key points, purpose, and meaning.
- Experience developing social media content for a business or nonprofit and managing this content through a scheduling platform.
- Exemplary manner of business professionalism by acting and presenting yourself in an appropriate and respectful manner that demonstrates integrity.
- Proven ability to present ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to negotiate with / influence others in a positive manner.
- Develop strong collaborative, working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, gaining their trust though diplomacy, active listening, and respect.
- Intermediate skill level or above in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, marketing, communications, or related field preferred; a combination of education and experience may be substituted when competency is demonstrated.
Additionally, must abide by all organizational policies and procedures, and must possess:
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
- Flexibility to conduct work before and/or after traditional business hours (i.e., 8am to 5pm) and attend meetings/events before and/or after traditional hours; flexibility to conduct work outside of the office as needed and appropriate.
- Physical requirements may include sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time; operating office equipment; arrange meeting room tables and chairs; and lifting to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.